How to Create an Engaging LinkedIn Profile✍️
✨Hello lovely people! My name is Patty, and I'm excited to provide you with valuable insights and resources to help you make your life better in every possible way. Whether you're looking to improve your personal relationships, advance your career, or simply live a happier, more fulfilling life, I'm here to help. So sit back, relax, and let's dive into this together!
Creating an engaging LinkedIn profile can be a game-changer in the world of professional networking. Whether you are looking for a job or want to expand your professional network, having a strong LinkedIn profile can help you stand out from the crowd. In this article, I will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to create an engaging LinkedIn profile that will make you shine.
- Headshot: Your profile picture is the first thing that people will notice when they visit your profile. It is important to have a professional headshot that reflects your personality and industry. Make sure to use a simple plain background and avoid selfies or blurry photos.
- Banner photo: The banner photo is a great opportunity to showcase your personality or highlight your skills. Keep it simple and relevant to your industry. LinkedIn offers some basic banner photos, but feel free to create your own. Just remember to keep it consistent with your brand.
- Headline: Your headline is the first thing that people will see when they come across your profile. Use a clear and concise headline that describes your job position and/or major. For example, "Marketing Junior at Nova University" or "Sales Associate at ABC Company".
- Education section: The education section is an important part of your profile, especially if you are a recent graduate. Make sure to include your degree with graduation date and any relevant coursework, projects, and certifications.
- Skills: The skills section is a great way to showcase your strengths and expertise. Make sure to include software, languages, and any other skills that are relevant to your industry.
- Employment section: The employment section is where you can really spruce up your profile. Make sure to state the value that you brought to each job, such as conflict resolution, teamwork, and communication. Use bullet points with descriptions of each job and include active verbs (refer to the active resume verbs chart at the end of this article).
- About section: The about section is like a blend between a cover letter and a social media profile. Make sure to keep it clear and concise, and use keyword terms that appeal to professionals in your field. Think from the employer's point of view and what they would want to see. Use the first paragraph to state why you are on LinkedIn, the middle paragraph to talk about yourself in a general way, and the last paragraph for a call to action.
Here's are some action verbs to inspire you while writing.
In conclusion, creating an engaging LinkedIn profile is an essential step in the world of professional networking. By following these tips, you will be well on your way to creating an engaging LinkedIn profile that will help you stand out from the crowd.
Image source: https://www.slideshare.net/Micheledickinson/action-verbs-for-cv-resume